Thursday, February 24, 2011

Welcome to That Girl Scraps

Vintage Avery

I created this blog to share my passion for digital scrapbooking and to share some of my layouts.

This blog header is from the Blog Couture line designed by Irene Alexeeva. It is called Milkshake. Unfortunately I have not been able to edit the code to get the body of the template to appear. But the head is too sweet, don't you think?


Irene designs the most fabulous scrapbook kits I have ever seen. She has a store at Scrap Orchard if you would like to view her amazing talent.

I visit many Digital Scrapbook forum and participate in some of their challenges.  Its fun to put a twist on designing my layouts by following a set of criteria.  It helps me mix up my layouts and also pushes me to do things I wouldn't have necessarily thought of myself.   I have alot of my lay outs on an external drive attached to my laptop.  Most I haven't even printed yet because I am concerned about keeping them safe.  I lost all of my scrapbook pages during hurricane Katrina and so I feel very protective of the pages I have created since.  They are nice and safe on that little box on my desk. :D

I do post some of my layouts in galleries around the internet.  Usually to meet requirements for the challenges I am completing.  But I also learn alot from the other LOs I see in those galleries.

The layout above was completed for a challenge at Digiridoo Scraps.  The challege was a scraplift.  We were given a completed layout and asked to copy it in some way. Whatever, most caught out attention... it could be the positioning of the elements or the color pallette used.   I had never done the type of clustering done in the original layout so I tried it in mine. The main trick was to play with the shadowing so it looked like each element could be lifted off the page. The layout was made from kits at Digi Design Resort.Here are the kits if you would like to chaeck them out.

Vintage Rose Collaboration
These Special Moment by MC Designs
Natural Breezes Collaboration

Be back soon!
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment